Note: Your hearing aid must be powered on and connected to your phone in order for our app to see it. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone by going to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth.
If you're looking for just one hearing aid - make sure to power the other one (that isn't lost) off, so that' its Bluetooth signal does not interfere with the signal of the lost one.
Step 1 | View Your Hearing Aid
- Launch our Find My Hearing Aid app
- In the app on the "Seen Devices" screen you will see your lost Hearing Aid
- Other nearby Bluetooth devices may show up as well. If you're not sure what your hearing aid is named, you can look in the Bluetooth settings of your phone at your paired devices. Whatever your hearing aid shows up as when it connects to your phone will be the name of your hearing aid on the Seen Devices screen
- If you don't see your hearing aid, hold your iPhone or iPad in front of you and walk slowly until your hearing aid appears in the list. (If you are on the Help screen hit the back button to get to the list)
- When you see your device - tap on it
Step 2 | Find My Lost Hearing Aid
- Hold your iPhone or iPad in front of you and continue to walk slowly around the area where you lost your device.
- As you walk around the app will display how close you are to the lost device using Cold, Warmer, and Hot indicators.
- Cold – You are not close to your lost device. Move in a different direction.
- Warmer – You are getting closer to your lost device.
- Hot – You are right next to your lost device.
- When the app displays "Hot" you are within 3-5 feet of your device. The signal from your device can travel through floors, ceilings, walls, etc - if you're having trouble finding it, it could be in another room close by or on the floor above or below you.
Step 3 | Celebrate!
- Click the "I Found My Hearing Aid" button to tell the world you found your lost hearing aid and how great the Find My Hearing Aid app is!!