Apple Pencils, Fitness Trackers and other Bluetooth devices
NOTE: Find My Device can find fitness trackers, except for the Fitbit. If you are looking for a Fitbit, please download our app Find My Fitbit or contact us. Scroll down for separate instructions on finding an Apple Watch.
** This step is very important as the app will not find your Device if any of your iPhones or iPads are connected to it.
** Disconnect your Device from all of your iPhone or iPad first!!!
- Click the Home button on your iPhone or iPad and go into Settings->Bluetooth
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled
- Under MY DEVICES see if your device is "Connected". It's Ok if your device is not listed or not "Connected."
- If your device is Connected, click the Info icon next to your devices' name.
- On the following screen click "Disconnect."
Step 2 | See My Device
- In the App on the "Seen Devices" screen you should see your lost device listed. If not, walk around slowly until your device appears in the list. (If you are on the Help screen hit the back button)
- Walk around with the app until your lost device appears on the screen. When you see your device - click on it
Step 3 | Find My Lost Device
- Hold your iPhone or iPad in front of you and continue to walk slowly around the area where you lost your device.
- As you walk around the app will display how close you are to the lost device using Cold, Warmer, and Hot indicators.
- Cold – You are not close to your lost device. Move in a different direction.
- Warmer – You are getting closer to your lost device.
- Hot – You are right next to your lost device.
- When the app displays "Hot" you are within 3-5 feet of your device. The signal from your device can travel through floors, ceilings, walls, etc - if you're having trouble finding it, it could be in another room close by or on the floor above or below you.
**If looking for an Apple Pencil: Apple Pencils "go to sleep" when not being used, which makes it harder for our app to pick up its Bluetooth signal. When your pencil is "awake" our app is capable of finding it. Try shaking clothes, moving a couch, move a desk to wake up the pencil. Once the pencil is moved it will wake up.**
Apple Watch / iWatch / SmartWatches
- Shut down the iPhone or iPad that is connected to your Apple Watch
- Wait until it is completely shut down.
- Launch our "Find My Device" app on the other iPhone or iPad.
- In the app on the "Seen Devices" screen you will see your lost Apple Watch. NOTE: If you just shut down the iPhone that is connected to your Apple Watch it could take a couple minutes for your lost Apple Watch to show up.
- If you don't see your watch, hold your iPhone or iPad in front of you and walk slowly until your device appears in the list. (If you are on the Help screen hit the back button to get to the list)
- When you see your device - click on it.
- See steps 3 below for further instructions. NOTE: Do not "unpair" your Apple Watch from your phone.