The app is always scanning - if your device isn't showing up, this means the app has not picked up any signals from your Fitbit yet. Here are some reasons the app may not have the signal:
- You are too far away from your lost Fitbit. The signal from a Fitbit can travel 75-100ft through walls, ceilings, and floors so check every floor and room.
- Your Fitbit is paired to a phone (yours or someone else's) and therefore is not broadcasting Bluetooth. Follow "Plan B" in the instructions to unpair the Fitbit, but keep Bluetooth on. Make sure your Fitbit is not paired to your phone or to anyone else's phone.
- The battery is dead. If you know you lost your Fitbit in a certain location, but you can't find it, your battery is probably dead. The official Fitbit app may show your Fitbit as still having battery, but it only updates when your Fitbit is synced. If your Fitbit hasn't synced in a while, it won't be accurate.
As a last resort try these things -
- Go to Settings -> Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. If your Fitbit is connected click on it to "Forget this device" or "Unpair." Launch our app again to see if your lost Fitbit is showing up.
- Shutdown the official Fitbit app and our app and restart your phone or tablet. After restart, launch the app again to see if your lost Fitbit is showing up.